Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mindless

There are no words to express the true meaning of what i am
Because here they are my fingers placid in the grey warm of your spittal
Let me adorn your majestic sapphire crown of corded glory
Oh you sweet apathetic fool
How i envy your ignorance
Your stupid smile
The way you are able to laugh along
how empty your mind must be
Im drowning 
Some long lost lampoon on the sodomites shore
where am i going 
which directions the door
Some kind of inspirational video is playing somewhere far off
Telling people how they can be the best if only for another payment
Is it not enough that I've given my life to this school, this job, this place!?
Somewhere far off a koala gnaws relentlessly on a leaf
some leaf they say takes your mind away from the gnawing teeth of the bored
I can seek no such satisfaction
It's too easy
bastard koala
Gladly we walk to the edge of any cliff never fearing the impending fall
Its too risky not to be on that cliff, for if we fell, well, we'd surely fall
There they are with so many words and so many sheets unrefined, mocking us
Your airplane mind always seems so focused on timezones
How can it be comforting to wake up in Berlin and walk to Chicago?
Your fingers look like fixtures, built into place, too fragile to move
I will scrape them down and finish them
Maybe that will make it better
Stop that incessant clawing at my eyelids
Let me sleep
Don't take my covers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment